Product Manager To Samsung
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to an exciting opportunity with our client Samsung! This is a consultancy opportunity, approximately 2-year contract starting as soon as possible with the possibility for an extension.
About the company:
Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence—and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market. In today´s fast-paced global economy, change is constant, and innovation is critical to a company´s survival. As we have done for 70 years, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success. As Product Manager, you will have an integral part in ensuring we stay on top of the market and continue to enrich and simplify the consumers´ lives.
Help Us Create What Can´t Be Done!
About the role:
What will this role achieve?
Are you a skilled Product Manager, with experience from the Home Appliances Kitchen category, triggered by the challenge to continue driving Samsung into the future?
As a Product Manager at Samsung, you are the captain of a ship, responsible for setting up the commercial strategy in the Nordic region for your products. To be successful you need to be a skilled influencer in order to adapt and implement the global strategy based on local circumstances. You will work closely with the marketing functions as well as the sales team. You are in charge of the P&L of your products, and you need to set the direction and explain why your products will bring value to the market. In addition, you are the spokesperson for the products and talking to media is part of your role.
Your position will be a part of the Home Appliance department, and you will report to the Head of Product Management for Home Appliances. You will manage specific product categories within the Vacuum Cleaners Division, such as Sticks and Robots. The role is based in our modern Kista Office, and includes some travel in the Nordics, Europe, and South Korea.
What will be your key deliverables?
- Business expansion to strengthen Samsung´s existing position as a leading brand in the Nordic market.
- Establish a robust growth strategy to exploit the growth opportunity behind the Vacuum category.
- Build solid and sustainable profit base for the future growth of the business.
- Drive premium sales through optimizing range, price, and model mix management.
- Deploy product and business marketing strategy for the Home Appliance Business.
What will be the jobs scope?
- Product and Range Management – build and deploy the right range to deliver against the business goals and objectives. Establish true range, specification, and price logic behind the category/range architecture.
- Product Value Proposition – articulate this range with strong, compelling, and sharp product value propositions that allow for successful marketing execution.
- Price Management – own price positioning, build pricing logic and set pricing and promotional guidelines where required.
- Launch Excellence – Pre-launch planning and Post launch tracking. Ensuring complete delivery of all required launch tools to maximize market impact and investment efficiency. Take ownership of translating the global launch master plan into a robust local subsidiary launch plan.
- Generate Demand – drive and support all related stakeholders (Global/HQ marketing, EHQ marketing, Local Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain Management team) to pursue a ´sell out´ driven mindset and business approach.
- Business Performance – own and monitor KPI´s with a focus on revenue, price, model mix and profit.
- Market Knowledge – analyze, understand, and interpret market research data and competitor analysis to shape and steer the business direction. Identify new opportunities or corrective actions to existing business to ensure the business stays agile and is always able to capitalize on changing market dynamics.
What do we need for this role?
- 3- 5 years Home Appliances industry or Consumer Electronics industry background.
- Strong in MS Office (in particular Excel and Power Point).
- Academic degree
- Driven, adaptable, high self-awareness, delivery focused, entrepreneurial flair, flexible.
- Extensive experience and insights on the Home Appliances industry or similar Consumer Electronics business.
- High self-motivation with the ability to identify opportunities and translate them into ideas, solutions, initiatives that directly impact the business performance.
- Exceptional influencer skills – someone who will quickly gain the buy-in from the internal and external stakeholders across Nordics
- Ability to analyze the market and establish our strategies against the competition – excellent communication skills in English essential, with good appreciation of global multi-cultural environment (preferable Asian).
- Category/Business P&L ownership – a strong understanding of profit drivers throughout the P&L and a skilled in identifying and addressing specific areas to impact results.
- Strong presentation and communication skills and comfortable presenting to senior executives at both a strategic level and a detailed operational level.
- Rounded marketing knowledge – credible in driving the marketing communications teams to deliver exceptional solutions to support the category execution.
- Face to face customer experience at a senior level.
- Understanding of complex Retail and Trade channels.
In this role, it is important that you have a strong analytical mindset whilst being able to read people, understand their motivation and present the products in a way that appeals to all stakeholders both internally and externally. Samsung is a dynamic company in a fast moving industry, there are many opportunities to grow and develop! In order to enjoy working with us you must be a person who appreciates tempo, change and to take own initiatives.
If you are up for the challenge and reckon that this position fits your profile, we would like to hear from you. Apply today, as we are reviewing applications ongoingly and the position might be filled before the application deadline.Ansök nu ›